SF Open Studios is the oldest and largest open studios program in the country, featuring an annual, month-long art event in October that showcases over 900 emerging and established San Francisco artists in their studios. Each weekend, art patrons, admirers, and collectors venture out on self-guided tours to see as many SF Open Studios artists and their artworks as possible, in the hopes of finding their next true art love. The event connects collectors with artists for engaging dialogue and a glimpse into the life of the working artist; SF Open Studios simultaneously helps artists build their mailing lists, gain new admirers, and ultimately sustain a living making art.
Download the Complete SF Open Studios Map (PDF format)
- What: The SF Open Studios Exhibition showcases over 400 artworks by SF Open Studios artists.
- Where: SOMArts Cultural Center, 934 Brannan Street, SF
- Exhibition Dates: Friday, October 11 through Sunday, November 10
- Gallery Hours: Tuesday-Friday, noon-7pm / Saturday, 11am-5pm / Sunday, 11am-3pm
- Admission: Free and open to the public.
- Pick up a free copy of the SF Open Studios Guide magazine and the SF Open Studios Map!
Weekend 1: October 19 & 20, 11am to 6pm
Fort Mason, Marina, Pacific Heights, Russian Hill, North Beach, Hayes Valley, Haight, Buena Vista, Sunset, Richmond
RSVP on Facebook!
Preview Weekend 1 Artists
View Online Guide
Download the Complete SF Open Studios Map
Weekend 2: October 26 & 27, 11am to 6pm
Weekend 3: November 2 & 3, 11am to 6pm
Weekend 4: November 9 & 10, 11am to 6pm
Press for SF Open Studios 2013:
- 7x7 Magazine - Hottest Events
- SF Gate
- SF Gate - Weekend 4
- The Examiner
- The Examiner Calendar
- The Examiner - Hunters Point Shipyard & Islais Creek Studios
- Fun Cheap SF
- Fun Cheap SF - Weekend 1
- Fun Cheap SF - Weekend 2
- Fun Cheap SF - Weekend 3
- Fun Cheap SF - Weekend 4
- RichmondSF Blog
- Dogpatch Howler
- KGO Radio
- El Mensajero
- Marion & Rose's Workshop
- Made in Slant
- Pure Wow
- Digital Journal
- Photos by Beppe Sabatini
- Photos by David Gartner
- Kenney Mencher
- KPOO-FM 89.5 (featuring SF Open Studios Artist Talavera-Ballon)
More San Francisco Arts & Culture
- Visit San Francisco Travel to find other art events, itineraries, maps and promotions.
Pictured above: SF Open Studios Guide Cover Competition winner, Veerakeat Tongpaiboon's Driving In The Rain