SF Open Studios is the oldest and largest open studios program in the country, featuring an annual, month-long art event in October that showcases over 900 emerging and established San Francisco artists in their studios. Each weekend, art patrons, admirers, and collectors venture out on self-guided tours to see as many SF Open Studios artists and their artworks as possible, in the hopes of finding their next true art love. The event connects collectors with artists for engaging dialogue and a glimpse into the life of the working artist; SF Open Studios simultaneously helps artists build their mailing lists, gain new admirers, and ultimately sustain a living making art.
Check out the video from SF Open Studios 2012 below:
SF Open Studios 2013
October 12 & 13 - Visit the SF Open Studios Exhibition at SOMArts Cultural Center!
October 19 & 20, 11am to 6pm
Fort Mason, Marina, Pacific Heights, Russian Hill, North Beach, Hayes Valley, Haight, Buena Vista, Sunset, Richmond
October 26 & 27, 11am to 6pm
Mission, Castro, Bernal Heights, Noe Valley including Upper Market, West Portal, Glen Park
November 2 & 3, 11am to 6pm
SOMA, Tenderloin, Potrero Hill, Dogpatch, Bayview, Portola, Excelsior
November 9 & 10, 11am to 6pm
Hunters Point Shipyard & Islais Creek Studios
- Open during the month of October at SOMArts Cultural Center, 934 Brannan Street, the SF Open Studios Exhibition showcases over 400 artworks by SF Open Studios during the month of October. Admission is free.
- ArtLaunch, the kick-off fund-raising event for SF Open Studios is held in the SF Open Studios Exhibition, featuring an open bar, catered hors d'oeuvres, and festive music! Tickets are sold online for the VIP portion of the event from 5:30-7:00pm, featuring open bar, catered hors d'oeuvres, live music, a swag bag, and screen printing demo! From 7:00-10:00pm, doors will open to the public, featuring a no-host bar and food trucks. ArtLaunch 2012 was held on October 10. The 2013 date will be annouced shortly.
Find artists and artwork, online and in print:
- Discover the artwork of SF Open Studios artists by browsing the Artist Directory.
- Pick up a free copy of the SF Open Studios Guide magazine.
- Peruse the Virtual SF Open Studios Guide!
More San Francisco Arts & Culture
- Visit San Francisco Travel to find other art events, itineraries, maps and promotions.